Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back to 40

Big jump in mileage this evening. I did 40 miles for the first time in a long time. With less than ten rides, I may be asking for an injury, but who dares, wins. Right? Of course, the 40-mile ride is just a waypoint on this particular journey, but the number 40 has always held some fascination for me. It's like anything less than that is just fooling around. Once you start logging 40-milers, it's an indication you're serious about the play. Of course, to push these jumps in mileage, I really have to carb up. It flies in the face of all the fad diet crap that dominates the bookshelves, airwaves, and Internet. I had pancakes for breakfast. Rice and chicken for lunch, and mashed potatoes for dinner. I wonder what I'll weigh tomorrow. It's kind of fun using my body as a test lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment